Changing the Game. Together
ACAL is a value-driven fast-paced management consulting firm and we are committed to unlocking the potential of those who advance the world. We collaborate with clients to dig up valid data, rigorous analyses, external perspectives, root causes, and explicit logic. The goal is to uncover moments of insight—and to have the courage to embrace, and act on, the truths that surface.
What we are looking for
We are looking to recruit young PhD holders (35yrs and below) with competencies in the following fields of study to join our Strategy Think Tank.
- Statistics and Research
- Business Administration/Entrepreneurship
- Public Health
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Information Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Economic Studies
- Education Management
- Development Studies
- Working extensively on futuristic, innovative internal black box “Strategy Think Tank” initiatives
- Serve as a subject-matter expert in client engagements and meetings
- Generate ideas to advance ACAL’s thought leadership agenda.
- Be politically savvy—policy doesn’t change in a vacuum, but in a political reality that we must understand and account for
- We’re at ACAL because we want to change policy. No one is counting hours, we are here to get results, and sometimes that will require going the extra mile or doing a job that isn’t technically ours.
- Produce reports and papers on technical issues and review, edit and provide analytical inputs and intellectual guidance for the work of others
- Improve ongoing programs by offering new and different options to address issues under investigation
- Take calculated risks on new and unusual ideas
- Have tough conversations in order to solve issues or build trust
What you need
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Motivation to understand and analyze ACAL’s business and markets.
- Experience in planning, managing and directing major research projects and publications
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively
- Ability to listen to others and exhibit interest in two-way communication
- Ability to persuade people with varying points of view
- Ability to convey difficult issues and positions to high-level officials with diplomacy and tact
- Ability to think “outside the box”. You are not bound by current thinking or traditional approaches
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Prior participation in regional integration programmes is an added advantage