Changing the Game. Together
ACAL is a value-driven fast-paced management consulting firm and we are committed to unlocking the potential of those who advance the world. We collaborate with clients to dig up valid data, rigorous analyses, external perspectives, root causes, and explicit logic. The goal is to uncover moments of insight—and to have the courage to embrace, and act on, the truths that surface.
What we are looking for
The transportation infrastructure sector is experiencing unprecedented levels of investment and ACAL is playing lead roles in projects to upgrade existing transport networks to deliver future demand on new transport corridors (road, rail, and air) and extensive public transport enhancements. We are looking for a skilled individual with experience in delivering and managing transport planning projects involving economic appraisal, business case, and cost benefit analysis. You will work with part of a wider team analyzing and appraising the impact of transport schemes and preparing business cases to justify investment.
- Lead and manage projects within the team on a range of assignments across all modes of transport and economic assessments.
- Work in teams as well as independently to formulate evidence-based insights and translate them into credible, clear and compelling advice and support to clients
- Structure and apply frameworks to analytical problems
- Develop client solutions, address client input, and design materials that effectively communicate recommendations and support client objectives
- Prepare and/or contribute to technical reports and other project outputs
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients, as well as a broader professional network
- Stay updated with knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations
- Contribute to business development and marketing opportunities
- Develop and see-through plans, forecast resources, prepare budgets, and support the development of junior staff
- Manage reporting and supervisory relationships
What you need
- A first-class or upper second-class degree in a relevant field is required. An MSc/MA or Ph.D. in a relevant field preferred
- An analytical focus, and a proven capacity to develop and deliver high-quality analytical projects to inform and influence policy development through evidence
- Strong numeracy skills, ideally with experience of undertaking technical/economic modeling. It would be advantageous to have familiarity with statistical software packages
- Five or more years of experience with at least half focused specifically on private financing of projects.
- Experience and interest in developing business opportunities
- Experience in scrutinizing economic appraisals, completed business cases, cost forecasts, etc.
- Experience or knowledge of the various transport modeling packages used in the industry
- Previous consultancy experience in the provision of transport economic advice to clients
- Experience in supporting bids for public private partnerships and other forms of private finance projects
- Previous experience managing projects and complex analysis is required
- Good understanding of what it takes to manage and successfully deliver advice in the challenging contexts of bid support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high levels of numeracy are essential.