Resource Mobilization and Grants Expert
Changing the Game. Together
ACAL is a value-driven fast-paced management consulting firm and we are committed to unlocking the potential of those who advance the world. We collaborate with clients to dig up valid data, rigorous analyses, external perspectives, root causes, and explicit logic. The goal is to uncover moments of insight—and to have the courage to embrace, and act on, the truths that surface.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a Research Mobilization Specialist to support the organization's investor relations initiatives and develop new resource partners. The successful candidate will support all aspects of resource mobilization, outreach and engagement, proposal development and donor reporting. He / She will strengthen fundraising systems within the organization.
- Build a sustainable Resource Mobilization function
- Review existing resource mobilization strategies
- Map and identify organizational resourcing needs
- Develop a resource mobilization plans
- Identify and target development partners/ donors/ investors
- Develop grant proposals and ensure the obtainment of funds to KATTI.
- Manage the funds received to ensure that the development objectives are attained
- Build resource mobilization capacity
- Develop resource mobilization plan
- Identify strategic partners
- Design grant proposals and obtain funding
- Lead the diversification of revenues through commercial ventures such as consultancy and training services
- Continuously ensure the optimal and prudent management of investment portfolios
What you need
- A bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, sociology, grant management, entrepreneurship or a related field is required
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience in resource mobilization (Covering grant management, proposal writing, stakeholder engagement, resource mapping, resource mobilization strategy development, and implementation). Significant work experience in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Strong knowledge on resource mobilization
- Negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use a variety of software particularly Excel.
- Excellent Time Management
- Attention to detail
- Ability to creatively solve problems
- Good analytical skills in developing and implementing resource mobilization strategies
- Ability to work effectively in teams.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Initiative taker, self-motivated and result-oriented