PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCING
Legal Due Diligence Expert
Changing the Game. Together
ACAL is a value-driven fast-paced management consulting firm and we are committed to unlocking the potential of those who advance the world. We collaborate with clients to dig up valid data, rigorous analyses, external perspectives, root causes, and explicit logic. The goal is to uncover moments of insight—and to have the courage to embrace, and act on, the truths that surface.
What we are looking for
We are seeking an experienced Legal Due Diligence Expert to lead and undertake technical due diligence services throughout the development, procurement, construction and operation phases of transport infrastructure projects. Regular travel should be expected in relation to the team management responsibilities and in order to support an active presence with our customers for project delivery.
- Act as a subject matter expert in regulations on behalf of both internal partners and clients
- Participate in buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements
- Analyze the financial operations of the target infrastructure financing projects
- Understand and evaluate financial and operational trends of target projects
- Communicate due diligence findings in formal reports
- Review all available information related to the applicable legal, regulatory and institutional framework to ascertain that it permits the TA to implement proposed deals/projects. This covers the following legal aspects; Transaction Advisory, Deal Structuring, Risk Evaluation Asset Tracing, and Compliance Advisory
What you need
- A University degree in Law.
- A minimum of 10 years’ demonstrated experience in drafting financial transaction contractual agreements and other related documents/agreements for infrastructure financing (PPP, LVC, Concessions, etc.) projects
- Experience in infrastructure financing aspects such as procurement, managing bidding processes, competitive dialogue, negotiation of suchlike contracts, advice on legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Successful preparation infrastructure financing projects with at least one financially closed infrastructure financing project in the roads sector. Experience within infrastructure financing projects will be an added advantage.
- Experience of Kenyan procurement, commercial and contract law including the roads sector, environmental and PPP-related laws
- Legal experience of taking deal projects through to financial close
- Relevant Kenyan, international and regional experience in the drafting and negotiating of financing agreements