PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCING
Changing the Game. Together
ACAL is a value-driven fast-paced management consulting firm and we are committed to unlocking the potential of those who advance the world. We collaborate with clients to dig up valid data, rigorous analyses, external perspectives, root causes, and explicit logic. The goal is to uncover moments of insight—and to have the courage to embrace, and act on, the truths that surface.
What we are looking for
We are seeking a lead expert in designing and developing public infrastructure development deals (buy or sell side) from conceptualization to commercialization and financial Closure. The suitable candidate will discover opportunities and convert them into business planning/cases.
Lead the development of comprehensive and accurate:
- Full project scoping proposals
- Alignment scenarios
- Conceptual reference designs taking into account relevant projections
- Project-related costings, capex, and opex
- High level ESIA and RAP considerations
- High level and relevant financial and economic analyses
- Analysis of the impacts of any relevant legal and regulatory changes since
- Pre-feasibility analysis
- Risk analysis
- Demand analysis
- Stakeholder mapping and analysis
- Detailed action plans
Develop comprehensive business models covering:
- Economic analyses such as – Economic Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Financial viability analysis
- Affordability assessments
- Fiscal Commitments and Contingent Liabilities
- Value for Money Assessments (e.g. as required under the PPP Act, 2013 )
- Logical and clear assumptions based on accurate data
- Logical projections with high levels of detail
- Risk analysis
- Related CAPEX and OPEX
- Related macroeconomic, financing costs
- Related revenues
Lead and coordinate feasibility studies for identified infrastructure projects
Oversee Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
What you need
- Degree in Finance, Business, Management, Economics, Engineering or any other relevant field or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrated experience in providing financial transaction advisory services/development of public/ large infrastructure projects on PPP basis including extensive experience in project structuring and risk analysis, allocation and management; project agreements;
- Successful preparation of corporate finance projects with at least two financially closed large/ public infrastructure projects. Experience within the transportation sector will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years of financial and transportation/ public sector experience of taking infrastructure projects through to financial close.
- Experience in deal structuring and transaction management. Experience in PPP and LVC will be an added advantage
- Mandatory experience in financial modeling, VfM analysis, fiscal impact, and contingent liability analysis
- Must be a professionally qualified accountant and a member of ICPAK.
- Clear, well-structured and concise oral and written English language communication skills including report writing and presentations are important.